They do, don’t they! And for a number of reasons:
- Great Recordings of Great Drummers – Song Rhythm Tracks are arranged from careful studio recordings of excellent drummers. They are not constructed from midi files fitting together “samples” from single drum hits to form a mechanical style but rather multiple longer-form full recordings by top studio drummers, lasting from up to 8 bars at a time where you hear subtle drum rolls, variations in ride cymbal taps, complex fills and more. The rhythmic style comes from talented drummers that are very experienced in that particular style be it Reggae, Salsa, Bossa, Rumba, Tango, Rock, Country, Jazz, Pop, Celtic, Praise & Worship, Blues, and lots more!
- There is natural variety promoted over the repeats. That is a number of recordings of, say, a fill or shot are taken and selectively chosen while sequencing and engineering the final audio. This provides the natural variety one gets with drummers. It helps prevent the drumming becoming monotonous and repetitive.
- The drummer is spelling out many aspects of the song’s form as (s)he plays. This might have a larger contributor than one might imagine. It is what real drummers do, but drumming software rarely does. The drumming is indicating
- When you are returning to the ‘top of the form’ again
- When your sections are ending and starting again
- When you are starting or finishing a bridge section
- Whether you are playing a middle section or, alternatively, the first or last sections. This not only helps you keep place while you are playing but it makes the whole experience so much more enjoyable to listen to, or play along with, as well.
All this takes a lot of careful preparation and curation, huge storage, and sophisticated algorithms. We feel this cannot be achieved on mobile devices themselves which is why our solution involves cloud services working with the mobile App.